Manchester City defender Kolo Toure looks destined to leave the club this summer after failing to hear anything about a contract renewal for the past two months.
Here’s what Kolo Toure said regarding the matter:
“I have been here for nearly four years, and two fantastic years when I have been playing a lot and I hear my songs with Yaya and I will miss those things. For me my family is here, my kids are at school and they like the area – but in two months nothing has come from the club and I am thinking about my future definitely.
“My first choice is this country, as I like English football – that is why I began playing football.
“After Cote d’Ivoire I came here, I don’t know any other culture and it is important for me to stay here, I have been here for 10 years.”
While Toure has stepped in on numerous occasions this season to bail Manchester City out of tough situations, it may be time for the defender to move on in order for City to get fresher, young legs in to help solidify City’s defense as they prepare to win back the Premier League title next season.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Kolo Toure announces intention to leave Manchester City — Yahoo Sports
- Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker’s ban highlights past inconsistencies — BBC Sport
- Dortmund 4-1 R. Madrid: Dortmund enforce high-tempo spells at the start of both halves — Zonal Marking
- Borussia Dortmund hope to keep hold of Robert Lewandowski — BBC Sport
- Former Man United winger Kenji Gorre stars for Swansea’s u-21 side — This Is South Wales
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.