Gary Neville Helps to Pay Wages of Bury Footballers: The Daily EPL
Sky Sports pundit and former Manchester United right back Gary Neville has helped pay part of the wages for the footballers of Bury Football Club. The League One club are in a massive financial crisis, and are on the brink of collapse unless someone comes in to save the club.
Neville has a lot of local ties to the club. He was born in Bury, and his mother works at the club as a secretary.
Neville, along with the Professional Footballers’ Association, chipped in to help pay the wages.
This is what PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor said about Gary Neville:
“It is massive that a club like Bury have people like this. The Neville family have been an integral part of the club for a number of years now. That is typical of Gary’s character – I wasn’t surprised to hear that about him.”
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Gary Neville helps to pay wages of Bury footballers — Manchester Evening News
- Andre Santos claims to have only learnt how to be full-back after move to Arsenal — The Independent
- Cardiff City will not buy superstars, says owner Vincent Tan — The Telegraph
- Fernando Torres: We rely so much on star names it’s tough for me to shine — Evening Standard
- I would rather be bitten than have my leg broken, says Jamie Carragher — The Telegraph
- The pros and cons of the Giroud replacements for Arsenal — Arseblog
- Jamie Carragher thinks Liverpool are right to stick by Luis Suarez — The Independent
- Man United will celebrate their EPL triumph with an open-top bus parade next month — Sky Sports
- Manchester City left reeling as Edinson Cavani heads to PSG – The Daily Star
- Ryan Bennett charged by FA after angry Twitter exchange — The Mail
- Ben Davies’s omission from the Young Player of the Year list is an insult — Evening Post
- Phil Jones’s injuries to cost Blackburn £2m following Premier League title win — Telegraph
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.