SAT, 3PM ET
MON, 8PM ET
ICC
ICC
SUN, 10AM ET
ARS
MCFC

demand nbc epl coverage How to Demand Your TV Provider Gives You Access to 100% of Live EPL Games on NBC

In order to make sure that you have access to 100% of the live Premier League matches that NBC Sports will show next season, it’s time to take action right now!

The days of soccer fans having to pay for online streaming products such as FOX Soccer 2Go are almost over. Beginning this August, soccer fans in the United States will be able to stream, for free with authenticated sign-on, all Premier League matches via NBC’s TV Anywhere product named NBC Sports Live Extra. Streaming devices include the web, iPad, iPhone and Android smartphones.

Just as impressive, NBC Sports announced the launch of Premier League Extra Time, which is a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost to TV providers for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network.

However, there’s a catch (not because of anything NBC Sports has done wrong). The challenge with both of the above mentioned services is that your TV provider needs to have an agreement with NBC Sports to provide them to you. Even if your TV provider carries NBC Sports Network, that doesn’t guarantee that they’ll (1) make NBC Sports Live Extra available to you, and (2) have the overflow channels available to bring you Premier League Extra Time. You have to make sure they’ll provide it to you. Otherwise, you could be left stranded when the 2013-14 Premier League season kicks off on August 17, 2013.

To make sure you’ll have NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time, you need to act now. Speak up, contact your TV provider directly and let them know that you want NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time.

To find out how to contact your TV provider, scroll down to the contact information below. Your TV provider won’t know there’s a demand out there unless you take a few minutes to speak up and tell them “I want my NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra.”

As of press time, four TV providers have teamed up with NBC to offer NBC Sports Live Extra. Those are Comcast xFinity TV, Cablevision, Verizon FIOS and Suddenlink.

“I’m thinking that at least 50-60 million of our 85 million [NBC Sports Network subscribers] will have it [by the summer],” said NBC Sports Group Chairman Mark Lazarus. “I’m hopeful that they’ll all have it. We’re providing it out there [to the providers] at no additional cost. It’s just a matter of bandwidth for the games.”

If your TV provider isn’t one of the above, the only way to make sure that you’ll have access to 100% of the Premier League matches next season is either (1) to switch TV providers, or (2) petition your TV provider and tell them that you demand that they add NBC Sports Live Extra to you and their fellow customers.

Here’s the contact information for many of the major TV providers in the United States:

Bright House Networks:

COX:

Time Warner:

If your TV provider isn’t listed and they’re not one of the ones carrying NBC Sports Live and Premier League Extra Time, post their contact information in the comments thread below.

When contacting your TV provider, be polite but let them know you want NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time from NBC Sports. Oftentimes, your TV provider will (1) respond but won’t give you any concrete details, hoping that their response will satisfy you, (2) try to buy time by saying that they’ll consider their options in the summer, or (3) just ignore you.

It’s important to not give up, and not take no for an answer. If you’re not satisfied with their response, you’re entitled to consider other TV providers who will be more likely to give you what you want.

Best of luck in your outreach to your TV provider. And feel free to tell us what happened in the comments section below so we can see where progress is being made.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, NBC. Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to How to Demand Your TV Provider Gives You Access to 100% of Live EPL Games on NBC

1. Marc L says:

A bit short on time for me today, but Time Warner’s telephone contact were the low-level unhelpful slugs one would expect.

However, in general you can get more mileage out of threatening to cancel your service. That usually gets a person with a little more stroke on the phone. Going to try that later if I have time.

2. Conrad says:

i think Dish’s twitter is just @dish.

3. Mike Verzechuan says:

“However, there’s a catch (not because of anything NBC Sports has done wrong).”

That is a matter of perspective. NBC Sports has chosen not to provide an online-only service similar to Fox Soccer 2 Go. For many people that is a step backwards.

I happen to pay for cable, and I’d still prefer that option. The “agreement” between cable provides and NBC is generally one where cable provider pay more money to NBC, and that cost is passed on to customers.

“The days of soccer fans having to pay for online streaming products such as FOX Soccer 2Go are almost over.”
    That’s not really true. There is no free lunch. The cost of the online streaming product NBC provides is just hidden in everyone’s cable bill (everyone’s, not just those that care about watching premiere league).

I pay for fox soccer 2 go, and I’d be fine with paying more to my cable company for streaming access to premiere league games. But, I wouldn’t be happy about that for other similar services (espn3, etc). So I can see, as a general principal why cable providers might reject this kind of service.

• The Gaffer says:

FOX Soccer has an online-service but one that doesn’t show all of the matches. Today, if you’re a Premier League fan in the United States, you would need to subscribe to FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus, FOX Soccer 2Go, ESPN2 and ESPN3.com to be able to watch all of the matches made available.

FOX Soccer 2Go isn’t a stand-alone product.

For cord cutters, NBC’s EPL coverage is a step backwards. But cord cutters still represent a small minority at this time. When the next rights renewal goes into place in three years from now, things may be quite different.

• Mike Verzechuan says:

NBC’s EPL coverage is a step backward for cord cutters *and* for everyone whose cable provider doesn’t pay for NBC’s streaming service. I don’t think that is a small minority. Many people don’t have a choice in cable providers. I also understand why a cable provider would choose not to sign up for NBC’s streaming service.

NBC feels they can make more money by using the premiere league as leverage to get cable companies to bundle their streaming service into every subscribers cable bill (not just those taking advantage of their service). I understand that decision from a financial perspective, but it hurts many premiere league fans, because they are put in the middle of a bargaining war between cable companies and NBC.

• The Gaffer says:

It’s a step backwards for cord cutters, but I don’t agree that it’s a step backwards for those whose cable provider doesn’t feature NBC’s streaming service. One, the TV providers don’t pay for the service, as you mention. Two, there’s still several months before the new season begins, so I think it’s too early to say that NBC is taking a step backwards when there’s still plenty of time to make sure your TV provider adds Premier League Extra Time and NBC Sports Live Extra.

• Fog says:

It is just like being a vegan and then going to a steak restaurant and not finding anything on the menu to eat. It is your choice…live with the consequences.

4. San Franciscan says:

Gaffer I’m not getting what the ppl at foxsoccer2go are doing, so the Liverpool vs Chelsea Match was live, and the Arsenal vs. United match is live as well, but it looks like the following two sunday 11:00 am matches would be shown on delay. What’s going on with these guys? Can’t they be consistent?

• The Gaffer says:

The schedule is accurate as of today, but the TV and Internet schedules sometimes changes as we get closer to the match, so stay tuned to our guide at http://www.epltalk.com/premier-league-tv-schedule and we’ll update it as soon as we find out more details. It’s possible that those two games in question could be available on FOX Soccer 2Go too, but that a decision hasn’t been reached yet.

5. gbewing says:

California and Midwest need contact info for SureWest

6. Tayo says:

Glad I have Verizon fios…

7. Evertonian says:

A few weeks ago, I found an alternative channel for beIN sports on Dish’ It’s not HD but another channel is pretty cool

8. Efrain says:

Sent an email to Directv twice. One for NBC Sports Live Extra and the other Premier League Extra Time.

Got the usual generic response but hopefully they do forward to management and enough Directv subs write to get their attention.

9. Marc says:

Well, just got a response from DirecTv and they say they may not be able to offer it. Just lovely. I may have to switch my provider after 13 years with DirecTv.

• dk says:

Just had this back from DirectTV:

Thank you for writing. I understand you would like to have NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time.
      Since we do not carry NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time, I would like to personally assure you that your feedback about these channels are important to us. While we are unable to comment on upcoming programming decisions, we are always reviewing our programming options to make sure we bring you the best possible TV experience.
      We value your opinions about our programming, so I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management. While DIRECTV Management cannot follow up with each customer individually, rest assured every suggestion and inquiry from our most important customers is reviewed to determine what changes should be considered. In addition, whenever we add channels to our lineup, we release a statement to the press, so keep an eye on the news to find out about the newest channels or visit our web site at directv.com.
      We appreciate your time and thank you for being a long time customer.
      Sincerely,
      Charmaine T. 100545385
      DIRECTV Customer Service

• The Gaffer says:

While it’s good to get a response, it’s more delay tactics from a TV provider — i.e. we hear you, but we’re not going to do anything about it right now.

I would encourage you to call and speak with a DirecTV rep on the phone.

10. christian says:

Thanks for this Gaffer. I’ll be all over RCN until we get this. We were promised BeIn and that still hasn’t happened.

11. SMAZ says:

Anyone know if Verizon FIOS will be carrying the NBC Sports Live and Premier League Extra Time? I am in New York.

Also could you please post their contact details including their Twitter handle?

Cheers.

• The Gaffer says:

Verizon FIOS will carry NBC Sports Live Extra. No word on Premier League Extra Time yet.

12. Todd says:

I am hoping that Dish will offer something. I had switched to Comcast a few years ago (still a subscriber through my internet service), but my wife hated it so I’m stuck with Dish.

13. Footie says:

I just was told this by a Charter representative:
    Charter has not reached an agreement with the NBC Sports Live Extra for their permission to provide the Network to our customers, Charter wants to carry the NBC Sports Live Extra, but the NBC Sports Live Extra is simply seeking terms that are not in the best interests of our customers.

We will, however, continue to discuss terms of a satisfactory agreement with them, but no agreement involving reasonable carriage terms has been achieved thus far. Charter takes great pride in providing value to our customers, and we cannot let one network alter the value all our customers receive from our products. We want to carry the NBC Sports Live Extra – but in a way that best serves all of our customers.

A cable operator, such as Charter, cannot determine network carriage and placement of the network alone – it requires agreement by the programming supplier, as well – in this case, the NBC Sports Live Extra, which has refused to make NBC Sports Live Extra Network programming available only to those customers who want to receive it.

• The Gaffer says:

It’s BS from Charter.

NBC Sports is offering NBC Sports Live Extra for free (i.e. no extra charge) to TV providers. All Charter needs to do is contact NBC Sports Group to get it set up.

Charter is trying to deflect the blame away from them, and to confuse their customers. I would call them up and get one of their customer reps (or preferably their managers on the line) and call them on it.

14. French Baguette of Love says:

I’m working when most of the matches are live. FoxSoccer2Go was a godsend because of the replay option.

Are replays available online?

15. Footie says:

It’s pretty disheartening to think that for the past couple seasons I watched EVERY BPL match and now it is looking like I won’t be able to watch ANY, only because I happen to have Charter? Unbelievable. And I don’t want to hear that I have a choice. I don’t. Charter is the only cable TV provider in my area. Clearly DirecTV isn’t an option, plus then I’d have to still get broadband. Wow, this is nuts.

• The Gaffer says:

If Charter has NBC Sports Network, you’ll get to see most games on there.

I wouldn’t give up. Call Charter and find out whether they’ll be adding Premier League Extra Time and NBC Sports Live Extra.

• San Franciscan says:

They do have NBC Sports Network. But that’s basically one channel, what about the others?

• The Gaffer says:

NBC Sports Network will carry the majority of games. The other games will be on free-to-air NBC and Telemundo.

16. g says:

NBC should use beinsports tactics. Having people find addresses, then write a letter is probably not going to have the same effect as a pre-made petition. when beinsport started in the US, their website had a link, where you chose the carrier, and just entered your info, rest was done by beinsports. C’mon NBC, lets make it easier to petition!

17. Wicks says:

Cox is giving me the run around on this saying the fee for Premier League Extra Time is too much for them to offer even though it is being provided to them for FREE. Anyone else been in touch with Cox? They seem very uneducated.

• Mason says:

Thank you for choosing Cox Communications. A representative will be with you shortly.
      You are not currently in a chat session.
      All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 0 minutes and 28 seconds. Thanks for your patience.
      You are now chatting with ‘Yinnelle S.’.
      Yinnelle S.: Welcome to Cox Live Chat Support. I will be assisting you throughout this Chat session.
      Mason: Hello Yinnelle
      Yinnelle S.: Hello Mason. I understand that you have questions regarding your channel lineup. Is that correct?
      Mason: Actually I have a question about future channels that COX may or may not be providing.
      Mason: Coverage of the upcoming season of the Barclay’s Premiere League, beginning on August 17th, will be shifting from Fox Soccer Channel to NBC Sports Network. About half of the games this season will be shown on NBC affiliates and the other half will be shown on the “Premiere League Extra Time” package of channels that is being made available to cable providers. I have noticed that a lot of COX competitors are signed up to offer this package (such as DIrectTV, DISH network, FiOS, and Xfinity) but it doesnt seem that COX is signed up yet. Will COX be providing me access to the Premiere League Extra Time package of channels or will I need to switch providers?
      Yinnelle S.: I’m sorry for the delay. I’ll be right with you.
      Mason: No problem, please take your time.
      Yinnelle S.: Thank you.
      Yinnelle S.: I am afraid that I could not find information about and agreement between Cox and NBC for the Premiere League Extra Time.
      Mason: Why would Cox not be providing this service if it is of to no charge to them?
      Yinnelle S.: Networks like NBC charge us fees to carry these services for our customers. We have to weigh customer demand against the asking rate to determine if adding such services will increase or decrease the value of our overall service offering.
      Yinnelle S.: Premier League Extra Time is being offered to Cox for FREE and will cost you no additional money to offer to us customers who already subscribe to NBC Sports Network.

Mason: So Cox will have it?
      Yinnelle S.: Yes, the NBC Sports Network include the same channels that Premier League Extra Time package.
      Mason: So you did find something now? Earlier you said you could not find any agreement between Cox and NBC?
      Yinnelle S.: I looked for the Premier League Extra Time, but then I looked for the NBC Sports Network package.
      Mason: Thanks so much. Do you know when the Premier League Extra Time channels will be added?
      Yinnelle S.: No, I am sorry, for information about that please contact our customer service department. If you want I can provide you the phone number.
      Mason: That would be great. Thanks Yinnelle for your help.
      Yinnelle S.: Customer Service
      (540) 776-3848
      Monday through Friday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm; Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
      Yinnelle S.: You are welcome. Thank you for choosing Cox Communications. Have a good night.

18. LG says:

Isn’t the NBC Sports Live Extra something that we should be talking to the ISP about as opposed to the TV provider?

• Guy says:

These deals are struck by your cable/sat company and the broadcasters. They are generally predicated on your having NBC Sports, ESPN or whomever as part of your TV package. Just like ESPN3 is now.

19. David says:

Doesn’t look good for DirecTV. Their response to me today:

“We do not carry NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time right now; also we do not currently have plans to add it to our lineup. However, I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management who reviews every suggestions. We often make changes based on customer suggestions like yours.”

• LG says:

On the phone with DirecTV. They say it’s something that it appears they are in negotiations with NBC Sports about (re: live extra).

20. LG says:

Bottom line appears to be we have to keep pushing DirecTV. They made a point to say other (rather pointless) channels have been added because of customers pursuing it. Be polite and keep nudging them and hopefully they’ll see the light.

21. David says:

I asked Time Warner Cable about this in their online chat,
    “I would like to see Time Warner Cable add access to NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time within the next month. I left Dish and came to Time Warner in part for the access to Fox Soccer while the EPL was on Fox Soccer. Now that the EPL is on NBC I will be choosing a cable or satellite provider which has access to NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time.”
    Jack>We appreciate your feedback. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality of service, so your feedback is very important to us. We also value your comments.
    Jack>Thank you very much for highlighting this to us.
    Jack>It will be definitely available by the next month for all our valued customers.
    Jack>Please be assured.

22. Tony says:

Does anyone know the situation with bright house in central Florida about their providing these games

23. Lee McKenzie says:

Just found this on the DirecTV Answer portion of their website. Looks good :)

Does DIRECTV carry the Barclay’s English Premier League soccer matches?
    DIRECTV is excited to announce we will be carrying Barclay’s English Premier League (EPL) soccer matches for the 2013-14 season…close to 380 EPL games in all. Matches begin on August 17th through the conclusion in May of 2014. Approximately half of the matches can be found on various NBC channels including your local NBC station, the NBC Sports Network, USA Network, CNBC, Telemundo and Mun2. More than 180 matches not airing on the NBC suite of channels can be found in Premier League Extra Time, a free package of EPL matches available to DIRECTV customers with CHOICE XTRA package and above. The Premier League Extra Time channel range has yet to be announced and will be available in HD only.

Additional information, including a schedule of games, channel locations and other information for the EPL on DIRECTV will be available in early August.

24. David says:

Thanks Lee. This is extremely encouraging, particularly that they specify that PL Extra Time broadcasts will all be in HD. One of the biggest problems with Fox Soccer Plus was lower quality of some games, and not having all of them.

Gaffer, can you confirm this, please?

25. SC_Spur says:

Looks like we have a “D-Day” for an announcement from TWC. Spent a few minutes in their online chat thanks to the helpful links at the top of the page, the analyst said to expect an announcement before 8/5/13. NOt sure if she just made this date up or if its legit, guess we’ll see. Hopefully it will be good news for us TWC subscribers! Transcript below…

User Andrew_ has entered room
    Analyst Everette has entered room
    Everette>Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Everette. Please give me a moment while I access your account.
    Everette>Thank you for waiting.
    Everette>Are you connected to this chat?
    Andrew_>Hi Everette, I have a question about channels provided in my cable package. Coverage of the upcoming season of the Barclay’s Premiere League, beginning on August 17th, will be shifting from Fox Soccer Channel to NBC Sports Network. About half of the games this season will be shown on NBC affiliates and the other half will be shown on the “Premiere League Extra Time” package of channels that is being made available to cable providers. I have noticed that a lot of TWC competitors are signed up to offer this package (such as DIrectTV and DISH network) but it doesnt seem that TWC is signed up yet. WIll TWC be providing me access to the Premiere League Extra Time package of channels or will I need to switch providers?
    Everette>
    Andrew_>I am, no problems about the wait
    Everette>Thank you.
    Everette>Ye, we are trying to get this package for our customers.
    Everette>Please do not worry.
    Andrew_>Do you have any information on when an announcement will be made?
    Everette>You will get the detailed information before 08/05/2013.
    Andrew_>Ah, well great! thanks for the info and hopefully it will be good news. I have been very satisfied with TWC so far and would hate to have to switch over this issue!
    Andrew_>Thanks so much for your help!
    Everette>You are welcome.
    Everette>Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Andrew_>That is all, thanks again!

26. Footie says:

Looks like I’m out of luck for having the online option as a Charter customer. I only have one cable provider to choose from in my part of the country. I hope this isn’t out of line to ask, but I wonder if anyone who has a provider who offers online content would be willing to allow me and others who won’t have it to access their info? Or will that be too much of a risk due to being their personal access info? I’m just looking at any ways I can get online. I go out of town on business for months at a time, so I won’t have a DVR…my only reasonable option for watching matches is online replay.

27. AJ says:

Hi guys,
    I contacted Xfinity in Seattle and they have no idea that they are signed up to offer the overflow channels. No luck finding out what the channel numbers are. Anyone else have better luck with Xfinity?
    Thanks.

28. Carlton says:

Charter seems to be the only provider not carrying Extra Time. I phoned them tonight asking for it.

29. heather says:

Charter in southern California has a channel NBCSN but it only shows 1/2 hour highlight shows, no live matches or games. No information from 3 reps. Is there some channel I am missing?

• Christopher Harris says:

If you have Charter and subscribe to NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), check out the following TV guide to see when the games are on — http://www.worldsoccertalk.com/premier-league-tv-schedule

30. dojave says:

It’s amazing designed for me to have a website, which is valuable designed for my know-how.

thanks admin