Rio Ferdinand Resists Offers From MLS To Sign New 1-Year Contract with Man United: The Nightly EPL
Manchester United veteran defender Rio Ferdinand has resisted offers from the US and China to sign a new one-year contract at Old Trafford.
The Guardian newspaper reports that Ferdinand received serious offers from the US and China, but decided to stay with United because of his young family as well as extending his career with the Red Devils beyond the eleven years he’s been there.
Is this a wise move for Manchester United, though? Will Ferdinand have much of a role to play next season depending on his injury problems? Or is having Ferdinand around like having an ace in the hole? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Rio Ferdinand to sign new one-year contract with Manchester United — The Guardian
- Man Utd looks to expand further into U.S. market — Sports Business Daily
- QPR to deal with Julio Cesar ‘internally’ after pictured wearing a Chelsea shirt — The Independent
- The FA hide behind FIFA on Luis Suarez says Martin Samuel — The Mail
- Manchester United title triumph shows how the Glazers have won in the end — The Guardian
- Chelsea to issue life bans for Yossi Benayoun anti-Semitic abuse — Evening Standard
- Swansea City star Neil Taylor gets psychological help — This Is South Wales
- Liverpool announce Steven Gerrard testimonial against Olympiacos — Liverpool FC
- Papiss Cisse an injury concern for Newcastle after flying to see specialist in Paris — The Independent
- Everton give trial to South Africa midfielder Daylon Claasen — The Mail
- Guzan among EPL’s best, plenty of options even if Villa go down — Pro Soccer Talk
- Blackburn supporters’ group looking to learn from Swansea model — The Independent
- How Manchester United might chop and change for the 2013/14 season — The Guardian
- Chelsea step up Adrian Mutu compensation bid — Evening Standard
- Ryan Bennett subject of internal disciplinary procedure relating to Twitter — Sky Sports
- Man City must act quickly if they are to regain EPL title from neighbours United — Telegraph
- Steven Gerrard set to miss England game with Brazil — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.