John Terry Will Begin Talks Over New Chelsea Contract In Summer: The Daily EPL
John Terry says he’ll begin talks over a new deal in the summer.
The former England captain hopes to get a 12-month extension to his contract. Here’s what the 32-year-old defender said:
“People have to realise that I’ve got a year left at Chelsea after this. People have spoken about no new contract and this kind of thing but it’s not even on the agenda at the moment.
“They may sit down with me once the season has finished and we’ll start talking then. Whether it’s a yes or a no I’ll continue to give my very best until my contract finishes.”
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- I’ll begin talks over new deal in summer, insists John Terry — Evening Standard
- Cardiff owner has admitted he would consider selling the club for the right price — Sky Sports
- Laudrup has indicated that his top priority this summer will be to sign a centre-forward — Evening Post
- Ryan Giggs is a “freak” who will play for two more years says Sir Alex Ferguson — BBC Sport
- Tom Huddlestone to ‘look elsewhere’ if not assured regular starting place — The Telegraph
- James McClean ignores Sunderland ban to return to Twitter — The Mail
- Luis Suárez biting a second time is unbelievable, says Otman Bakkal — The Guardian
- Fabio Borini is poised to return to training as he steps up his recovery from injury — Sky Sports
- Qatar 2022 may scale back World Cup stadium plan — Sports Business
- Ferdinand suggests Manchester United’s title win is bigger than City’s — The Guardian
- Luis Suarez bite: Liverpool striker not to blame, says Gus Poyet — The Mail
- Chelsea investigate their fans’ barracking of Yossi Benayoun — The Guardian
- Are you proud on St George’s Day? Just 1 in 3 claim to be English rather than British — Express
- Police have arrested 3 men in dawn raids in connection with violence at an FA Cup match — Telegraph
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.