Luis Suárez’s Liverpool Future in Doubt Despite Apology For Bite Attack: The Nightly EPL
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says that no Liverpool footballer is irreplaceable after Luis Suarez bit Branislav Ivanovic during Liverpool’s 2-2 draw against Chelsea on Sunday. Suarez later apologized for his actions.
Suarez not only faces a possible suspension from The FA after manager Kevin Friend missed the incident. Plus, Suarez faces possible punishment from his club.
Here’s what Rodgers said regarding the situation:
“It doesn’t matter who, players are always replaceable no matter how good they think they are. That is how football works. Of course there are wonderful talents here we’ve seen at this club and others over many years. If you ever lose a player that you think you cannot replace, the next one still comes along. The standards at this football club have been met for many years and that’s why it is the worldwide institution that it is. The history of this club is about respect and how people are treated. And that is something that will always be maintained here and will always be long after I am gone.”
What do you think should happen to Luis Suarez? Should Liverpool look for an opportunity to ship the player out in the summer so they can get someone who is less of a liability and more of a proven goalscorer? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Luis Suárez’s Liverpool future in doubt despite apology for bite attack — The Guardian
- Luis Suárez in ‘last chance saloon’ at Liverpool, says Graeme Souness — The Guardian
- Alisher Usmanov tops the annual Sunday Times list of the wealthiest people in Britain — BBC News
- Roberto Mancini rounds on Manchester City players after Spurs defeat — The Guardian
- Shinji Kagawa stars in greatest commercial ever made — Counter Attack
- BT wants a broadband bounce from sport, but may have scored an own goal — The Guardian
- Liverpool owners to discuss Luis Suarez following biting incident — The Telegraph
- Tottenham rewarded after André Villas-Boas shows his flexible thinking — The Guardian
- Liverpool exec Ian Ayre has postponed a trip to Australia to deal with Luis Suarez — Sky Sports
- Laudrup points to fatigue as Swansea gasps towards end of season — The Guardian
- Beñat Etxebarria: Coming to a Premier League club near you — Pro Soccer Talk
- Harry Redknapp outlines blueprint for success in the Championship — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.