A massive blow for Newcastle United and their supporters today after defender Ryan Taylor has been ruled out for the majority of next season due to a cruciate knee injury.
Twenty-eight year old Taylor suffered the injury after returning to training.
“Ryan has been a model patient and has given his all to ensure he could return to full training in the best condition possible,” said manager Alan Pardew. “Ryan has, and will continue to, receive the full support of everyone at Newcastle United during this difficult time for him.”
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Tim Krul is to undergo surgery after dislocating his shoulder in the Tyne-Wear derby — Sky Sports
- Benítez delighted with John Terry on return against Fulhan after being dropped — Telegraph
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere and Everton’s Kevin Mirallas avoid FA action — The Guardian
- Newcastle’s Ryan Taylor may miss next season after injury setback — The Independent
- Leighton Baines dismisses Arsène Wenger’s criticism of Everton — The Guardian
- Roy Hodgson criticises growing number of foreign players in the Premier League — Telegraph
- Manchester City and Wigan fans slam FA over train travel claim — The Guardian
- Gordon Taylor confident about PFA’s black managers plan — BBC Sport
- Who will replace Jamie Carragher? — Empire Of The Kop
- Content to be consumed: The FA & its Cup in the twenty-first century — 200%
- ‘The Guardian’: We’re Not Planning on a Paywall — Mashable
- Cardiff City must spend to take flight as gracefully as Swansea — The Guardian
- Cardiff’s elevation takes EPL membership to brink of majority experience — Sporting Intelligence
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.