Two Fans Shot Dead as 2014 World Cup Stadium is Put to Test in Brazil: The Daily EPL
Brazil’s problems continue south of the equator in their preparedness for this summer’s Confederations Cup and next summer’s World Cup. After the recent revelation that only 3 of the 6 stadiums are ready for this summer’s tournament, more bad news has come out of Brazil where two fans were shot dead near one of the stadiums which will be used for the Confederations Cup.
Come on Brazil, sort it out.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Two fans shot dead as 2014 World Cup stadium is put to test in Brazil — The Independent
- Swansea City star Michel Vorm ‘spotted in Barcelona’ — This Is South Wales
- Millwall: We’re not to blame for FA Cup violence — Evening Standard
- A fan films a fight during Southampton v West Ham, brawlers get ejected — 101 Great Goals
- John Henry & Tom Werner to attend today’s Hillsborough memorial service at Anfield — Liverpool Echo
- Arsene Wenger dealt blow as Mario Gotze decides to stay at Dortmund — The Mail
- Michael Laudrup expects Neil Taylor to play for Swansea City’s first team this season — Evening Post
- Everton midfielder Darron Gibson is likely to require surgery at the end of the season — Sky Sports
- Sergio Aguero could escape ban for horror tackle on David Luiz — The Mail
- Is Wayne Rooney the answer to Manchester United’s midfield problem? — The Guardian
- Stoke City midfielder Charlie Adam labels QPR match a ‘must-win’ game — The Independent
- Newcastle promise life bans for fans involved in derby violence — The Guardian
- Craig Johnston on why he returned to Liverpool after Hillsborough — Liverpool FC
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.