Sir Alex Ferguson has hit back at England manager Roy Hodgson who yesterday complained that Premier League clubs don’t take international breaks seriously.
In today’s press conference, Ferguson said “I have no issue with competitive games. Players should always be available for those. I do have an issue with friendlies.”
“International football interferes with the club ambitions,” said the manager. Ferguson also criticized the friendlies that are played the Wednesday before new seasons begin.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Sir Alex Ferguson criticises international friendlies — The Daily Mail
- Manchester United’s training ground deal set for UEFA scrutiny — Yahoo Sports
- Ashley Young ruled out for two weeks with ankle injury as Paul Scholes nears comeback — Telegraph
- Arsène Wenger welcomes Hawk-Eye but wants more technology in football — The Guardian
- David Silva will be given until last minute to prove FA Cup fitness — The Independent
- Clint Dempsey: We must finish in top four to salvage season — Evening Standard
- A Manchester City hat-trick: now Micah Richards is banned from driving — The Independent
- ‘Disgraceful’ Arsenal soccer fan fined for throwing banana at Gareth Bale — The Independent
- Michael Laudrup set for continental Swansea City summer shopping spree — Wales Online
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.