QPR’s Relegation Would Expose Loïc Rémy to Premier League Vultures: The Nightly EPL
French striker Loic Remy has only played eight matches so far this season for Queens Park Rangers, but while he hasn’t been able to turn around the club’s form, he has achieved an impressive five goals in eight league appearances.
Remy’s prowess in front of goal is something to marvel, similar to Demba Ba’s clinical scoring when he played with West Ham United even though he wasn’t able to help them stay up two seasons ago.
Remy has a £8 million release clause with Tottenham Hotspur believed to be interested in signing the striker. Other QPR players who could be on the move this summer include Júlio César, Rob Green, Adel Taarabt, Esteban Granero and Junior Hoilett.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- QPR’s relegation would expose Loïc Rémy to Premier League vultures — The Guardian
- Manchester City’s David Silva doubtful for FA Cup semi-final with hamstring injury — BBC Sport
- Man United 1-2 Manchester City: City’s attackers combine well throughout — Zonal Marking
- Manchester United champions scarves already on sale outside Old Trafford — The Mail
- Liverpool better with Rodgers than Dalglish, says Glen Johnson — The Independent
- Is Jose Mourinho to Chelsea a “done deal”? — Counter Attack
- Hillsborough families demand full disclosure of any docs on Thatcher’s role in cover-up — Liverpool Echo
- Swansea announce record-breaking profits of £15.9m — This Is South Wales
- What will Manchester United sell off next? — BBC Sport
- Football Association to stream FA Cup and England matches on new Mandarin website — The Mail
- The real scandal of Di Canio’s appointment has been obscured by talk of fascism — Sporting Intelligence
- Why did Adel Taarabt condemn QPR to Barclays Premier League relegation? — The Mail
- The greatest ever football reference to Margaret Thatcher: Norway 2 – England 1 (1981) — 101GG
- Evaluating Lewis Holtby’s performance in midfield — Cartilage Free Captain
- Swansea City’s halo slips as owners decide to pocket £2m windfall — The Guardian
- Ruh-roh: Gary Neville says Man City are predictable and have lost appetite for success — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.