Alex Ferguson Refuses to Discuss Man United’s 6-1 Old Trafford Defeat to Man City: The Nightly EPL
After Sir Alex Ferguson retires, he should consider being a professor in England or the United States, teaching a class on manipulating the media. He is that good.
During today’s press conference with Ferguson, the Manchester United manager was asked about the 6-1 defeat at the hands of Manchester City.
Here’s how the incident unfolded, according to The Independent newspaper:
“Do you think I’m going to mention that?” Ferguson said, having paused and fixed his questioner with a stare when the subject came up midway through his weekly press conference. “Do you think..? Jesus Christ.”
Asked if extracting motivation from such a defeat was something he was used to trying, he continued: “I can talk about our form this season. I will concentrate on that.” He shook his head and the subject was closed.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Alex Ferguson refuses to discuss Man United’s 6-1 Old Trafford defeat to Man City — The Independent
- Sir Alex Ferguson: City won’t derail Manchester United’s title hopes — The Guardian
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic urges Wayne Rooney to consider PSG switch — The Independent
- Harry Redknapp: Spurs contract cost me England job — ESPN FC
- Harry Redknapp: I’ll stay at QPR even if we are relegated from the Premier League — Telegraph
- Wayne Rooney expected to be fit for clash against Manchester City — The Independent
- Rafael da Silva ‘should be fit’ for Manchester derby, says Sir Alex Ferguson — Telegraph
- Newcastle face ‘uphill challenge’ in Europe, says Alan Pardew — BBC Sport
- Laudrup confirms Swansea’s three-match summer tour of South Korea may be in doubt — Telegraph
- Everton boss David Moyes linked with Schalke manager’s job — The Mail
- Brendan Rodgers wants to sign more stars in the Coutinho & Sturridge mould — Telegraph
- Rubin Kazan bring 47 fans to Stamford Bridge for Chelsea Europa League clash — The Mail
- Fernando Torres will be key in Chelsea’s run-in, says Rafael Benítez — The Guardian
- UK Student signs with US soccer side after help from Jamie Carragher — Crosby Herald
- Michael Laudrup: Norwich win key to Swansea City’s 50-point target — Wales Online
- Is Man Utd’s season turning into an anti-climax? — Life’s A Pitch
- VIDEO: No need to rest Van Persie – Ferguson — BBC Sport
- Laudrup hopes to have Angel Rangel and Chico Flores in his plans for club’s trip to Norwich — Sky Sports
- Manchester City lead Premier League wage rebels — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.