Swansea City have set the buy-out clause to break Michael Laudrup’s recently signed contract at a whopping £10 million, scaring off all but the richest suitors.
With Laudrup flying high in his first season in the Premier League, you can only imagine that a club such as Real Madrid or Chelsea would be able to afford the extravagant buy-out clause. It’s good business for Swansea either way — whether Laudrup stays or goes at the club.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Buy-out clause for Michael Laudrup set at £10 million to scare off all but the richest suitors — The Sun
- Roberto Mancini targets FA Cup success after conceding league title — The Guardian
- Stoke’s best run since 19th century not good enough for Pulis’ critics — The Independent
- Rafael Benítez bemoans Chelsea’s ‘impossible’ league and Cup schedule — The Guardian
- One blogger started this Chelsea hate campaign and I’m powerless to stop it — Rafa Benitez
- Sunderland need heroic goals from Connor Wickham and Danny Graham — The Guardian
- England’s football team have been here before. Don’t panic! — The Guardian
- Arsène Wenger places players on alert over their future at Arsenal — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.