Vincent Kompany Buys Belgian Third Division Team FC Bleid: The Nightly EPL
Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany has done something that many young children always dream of doing. He’s bought his own football club.
Kompany has bought third division Belgian side FC Bleid, who currently sit 19th in the table. The Brussels side will be renamed, will have a new logo selected as well as new kits and a new slogan. Kompany is serious about the decision and has launched his own website to share his manifesto.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Vincent Kompany buys crappy Belgian third division team FC Bleid — 101 GG
- Abou Diaby ruled out for NINE months with torn anterior cruciate ligament — The Mail
- Roberto Mancini: the title is gone, but I’m staying at Manchester City — The Telegraph
- Allardyce will only sign new West Ham contract when EPL safety is assured — The Independent
- Swansea City set to target more Spanish talent this summer — Wales Online
- FA fines John Carver and Graham Barrow as Callum McManaman row rumbles on — Telegraph
- Laudrup has put off talks over a permanent deal for Jonathan de Guzman until summer — Sky Sports
- Brede Hangeland signs a two-year contract extension to keep him at Craven Cottage — BBC Sport
- Odemwingie should come to me, not Twitter, says Steve Clarke — Telegraph
- Platini says goal-line technology is too expensive to bring in across Europe — The Mail
- Alan Pardew calls for professional linesmen after Haïdara incident — The Guardian
- Anti-racism group complains to Fifa over racist chanting by England fans in San Marino — BBC Sport
- Sheffield Wednesday have signed Bolton midfielder Stuart Holden on loan — Sky Sports
- The Daily Mail: Paywall? We don’t need no stinking paywall — Paid Content
- Tottenham Hotspur can still finish in top four, says André Villas-Boas — The Guardian
- Perform Group to combine U.S. sports assets with Sporting News brand — Sports Business Daily
- Manchester United’s Phil Jones may be fit to return against Chelsea — The Guardian
- Roberto Mancini criticises Belgium for playing captain Vincent Kompany — BBC Sport
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.