The season just keeps on getting worse and worse for Sunderland Football Club. Sitting precariously fifth from bottom in the Premier League, the Black Cats have now suffered a double injury blow with both Steven Fletcher and Lee Cattermole out for the rest of the season.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Steven Fletcher and Lee Cattermole to miss rest of Sunderland’s season — The Mail
- Roy Hodgson admits play-off route remains a possibility for England — The Guardian
- Gary Lineker signs new BBC deal to continue as Match of the Day host — The Mail
- Robin van Persie says he may decide to see out his career with Manchester United — BBC Sport
- Newcastle United announce £1.4m profit but wage bill rises 20% — The Guardian
- Fifa ignoring key ideas for internal reform, says adviser — BBC Sport
- David Miliband to remain member of Sunderland board despite move to US — The Independent
- Spanish defender Alberto Botia linked with Swansea City move — Wales Online
- England’s Rio friendly match against Brazil in doubt amid fears over stadium roof — The Independent
- Newcastle United re-enter world’s top-20 revenue-generating clubs — The Guardian
- Sam Allardyce to sign three-year deal to stay at West Ham — The Mail
- Roy Hodgson will talk to Manchester United about Rio Ferdinand’s fitness — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.