Reading Football Club have announced that Nigel Adkins is their new manager. The former Southampton manager replaces Brian McDermott as the boss of The Royals. Adkins signed a three-year contract. His first match in charge of Reading is this Saturday against Arsenal. Talk about trial by fire!
What are your thoughts about Adkins becoming Reading manager? Do you think he can keep Reading up this season? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Nigel Adkins confirmed as Reading manager on three-year deal — The Guardian
- Nigel Adkins vows to save Reading from relegation and has no hard feelings about Southampton — Telegraph
- England’s crunch qualifier with Montenegro set to go ahead as torrential rain finally stops — The Mail
- Robin Friday movie to tell tale of football ‘rock star’ — BBC News
- Gareth Bale signs three-year deal with BT to be a pundit and advert star — The Mail
- Montenegro v England World Cup: England wear Umbro for the last time — The Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.