Financial scholar Tom Markham has released a new academic report that zeros in on what each club’s value is in the Premier League. Not surprisingly, Manchester United sit atop the Premier League club valuation chart. But there are several surprises that jump out such as Tottenham Hotspur having a greater value than Manchester City. And West Brom being valued greater than Everton.
And these are just two examples of the many revealing statistics in the article referenced below. What do you find interesting? Post your observations in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- From Man Utd at £1bn to Wigan at £43m: what’s your club really worth? — Sporting Intelligence
- Reading to name Nigel Adkins as their new manager at a press conference on Tuesday — The Mail
- Reading return to lure Nigel Adkins with offer of substantial survival bonus & transfer kitty — Telegraph
- Arrogant England are running scared, says Montenegro coach — The Guardian
- Relegation-threatened Blackburn can win Premier League promotion, says Balaji Rao — The Mail
- Mark Halsey dropped from Premier League over Callum McManaman tackle — The Guardian
- Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup refuses to guarantee Dwight Tiendalli’s future — Wales Online
- Montenegro park a bus in defence and rely on two Ferraris in attack — The Guardian
- West Ham to start contract talks with Sam Allardyce — The Telegraph
- The goals you only saw once: how TV changed the way we watch football — The Guardian
- Gareth Bale is fit for Wales’ World Cup qualifier against Croatia on Tuesday night — Sky Sports
- West Ham and Fulham in battle for £15m-rated striker Wilfried Bony — The Independent
- Tottenham’s first black player should be awarded the Military Cross — The Guardian
- Stoke frustrated at Robert Huth suspension in light of McManaman incident — The Independent
- Mapped: London’s moving football clubs — Londonist
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.