Gary Neville, the gold standard for Premier League analysis, admits that he can’t go on combining his expert analysis on Sky Sports at the same time as coaching the England national team. Say it isn’t so, Gary!
“The Sky job was there before I got my England role and I try to be my very best and to be honest,” says Neville in an interview with The Telegraph newspaper. “I’m not stupid and eventually I will have to make a choice or something will happen with the England job or the Sky role. But I love doing both things.”
Let’s hope that Neville continues both roles for as long as he can. And, at the same time, other football pundits are learning from him so that when the time does come for Neville to hang up his Sky boots, that there will be other sharp minds ready to take his place on television.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Gary Neville: Combining England coaching and doing analysis for Sky can’t go on forever — The Mail
- Ferdinand & Cole need to end their rift for the sake of England’s World Cup chances — Telegraph
- Harry Redknapp may install Robert Green as QPR goalkeeper after Julio Cesar shocker — The Mail
- How Fellaini’s early intent inspired the Everton FC revival against City — Liverpool Echo
- Football can learn from rugby and Six Nations – Graham Poll — The Mail
- FIFA’s medical chief makes case for winter World Cup — Sports Business
- Shorey has backed Reading caretaker Eamonn Dolan to be handed permanent job — Sky Sports
- Laudrup has warned Swansea fans they may have to lower expectation levels next season — Sky Sports
- Weighing up to what extend Nike’s brand complements Man United’s — The Secret Footballer
- Tottenham defeats can inspire winning streak, says André Villas-Boas – video — The Guardian
- Brits turn to the pub as their second office — Smart Planet
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.