The Times newspaper of London has egg on its face this morning after it’s been revealed that their “exclusive” story about Qatar launching a ‘Dream Football League’ was a hoax.
As was reported last night, the DFL was billed as a summer tournament in Qatar and neighboring Gulf States that would pay teams as much as £175million to participate in a 24-team tournament.
Maybe it’s good news after all that it’s a fake story since the players would have trouble coping with the heat anyway. But as of last night, boy did the story sound real.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Qatari ‘Dream Football League’ a hoax say French liars who began the rumour — 101 Great Goals
- Is The Times’s remarkable football scoop an own goal? — The Guardian
- Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup angry over wall of silence — This is South Wales
- Peter Taylor is named England coach for the Under-20 World Cup finals — BBC Sport
- Phillipp Lahm dismisses Arsenal as no longer one of Europe’s top clubs — Sky Sports
- Arsene Wenger lacks ambition with Swansea game the priority — The Mail
- Shola Ameobi set for 50th Newcastle European appearance against Anzhi — The Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.