Arsenal Midfielder Jack Wilshere Ruled Out Until April: The Daily EPL
The news continues to get worse for Arsenal. After last night when we revealed that Jack Wilshere would miss tomorrow’s Champions League match against Bayern Munich, it’s been confirmed by Arsenal today that he’ll also miss this weekend’s game versus Swansea.
According to The Telegraph, Wilshere will be ruled out until April. But on Arsenal’s website, Wenger is a bit more positive (or shall we see unrealistic) when he says that ”Hopefully for the Premier League he will only miss one game because after [the Swansea game] is an international break and hopefully we can slowly prepare him.”
In addition to Wilshere being out injured, so too is Bacary Sagna, while Arsenal’s Ryo Miyaichi — who is on loan at Wigan — has been ruled out for the season with an injury.
While the attention of Arsenal, their players and supporters are fixed on tomorrow’s Champions League match, the more worrying sign for the Gunners is this weekend’s match against Swansea where a defeat could ruin their chances of a top four finish and send them spiraling out of control.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere ruled out until April — The Telegraph
- Bacary Sagna set to miss Arsenal game at Bayern Munich through injury — The Mail
- Alex Ferguson offers Man United friendly to raise money for strapped former club — Dirty Tackle
- Michael Laudrup voted best manager in Premier League by EPL managers — The Mail
- Stoke City say farewell to Jermaine Pennant after contract deadline expires — The Telegraph
- Merlin to perform magic in court for Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez — The Guardian
- Roberto Martinez expects Ryo Miyaichi to miss rest of the season with an ankle injury — BBC Sport
- Ronald Koeman says he knows nothing about links with a role at Manchester City — Sky Sports
- Swansea boss Michael Laudrup already working on summer transfer buys — This Is South Wales
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.