Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere Out of Champions League Tie With Ankle Injury: The Nightly EPL
Arsenal Football Club have been dealt a massive blow with the news that midfielder Jack Wilshere is a major doubt for Wednesday’s Champions League match against Bayern Munich. The footballer is still recovering from an ankle injury, and will be a doubt for this Saturday’s Premier League match against Swansea City too.
If any Arsenal supporters had dreams of the team pulling off an incredible victory in Germany, those dreams will have come crashing down without Wilshere in the side.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Jack Wilshere out of Champions League tie with ankle injury — The Telegraph
- EPL fans more passionate about their teams than NFL counterparts — Sports Business Daily
- Chelsea may have to play three games in five days as fixture crisis mounts — The Telegraph
- Wigan, Blackburn or Millwall likely to join Swansea in Europa League through FA Cup — The Mail
- Chelsea fixture pile-up causes headache for FA, Premier League and TV — The Guardian
- Rio Ferdinand could face FA sanction over Fernando Torres clash — The Telegraph
- Michael Laudrup wants to see ‘consequences’ for linesman following offside call — The Independent
- Paul Gascoigne says that a message from Sir Alex Ferguson helped to save his life — The Telegraph
- Spirit of Shankly brands season ticket rises ‘an insult to supporters’ — Liverpool Echo
- Swansea take next step in bid to nurture stars of the future — This Is South Wales
- Fixture pile-up gives FA few options for Cup replay dates — The Telegraph
- Paolo Di Canio the favourite as Reading lose faith in Brian McDermott — The Independent
- Franck Ribéry ruled out of Bayern’s clash with Arsenal — The Guardian
- Queens Park Rangers announces a new shirt sponsorship deal with AirAsia — FC Business
- Brian McDermott was a victim of his own success at Reading — The Guardian
- Lazio fined €10,000 for a Heysel banner aimed at Juventus’ Michel Platini — 101 Great Goals
- Newcastle’s Steven Taylor stakes his claim for a first England cap — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.