Here we go again. The tension between managers Rafa Benitez and Sir Alex Ferguson was increased today after Benitez claimed that Ferguson snubbed a handshake before today’s FA Cup quarter-final match kicked off at Old Trafford.
According to Benitez, Ferguson walked directly past the Chelsea manager and made no attempt to shake his hand.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Chelsea’s Rafa Benitez claims Sir Alex Ferguson handshake ‘snub’ — Sky Sports
- Sir Alex Ferguson admits Manchester United were lucky to draw with Chelsea — The Independent
- Rafael Benítez’s Chelsea game changers leave Manchester United swamped — The Guardian
- Look how Steven Taylor tried to put off Asmir Begovic for Cabaye’s free-kick goal — 101GG
- Why making Jack Wilshere captain will show Arsenal mean business next season — The Mirror
- Joe Allen to have shoulder surgery, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers confirms — The Mail
- Newcastle’s Steven Taylor can be an England centre-half, says Alan Pardew — The Guardian
- FA Cup semi-final draw throws up potential Manchester derby clash — The Independent
- Liverpool’s Brendan Rodgers says beating Spurs adds to Anfield impetus — The Guardian
- Rodgers believes his side’s win over Spurs has proven they can challenge top teams — BBC Sport
- Rio kicks Fernando Torres before lifting him back up onto his feet (Video) — Who Ate All The Pies
And in case you missed it, here’s David De Gea’s incredible kick save for United against Chelsea today:
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.