How Well Does Your Premier League Team Convert Chances?: The Daily EPL
The folks over at EPL Index have shared some very revealing research that dissects how well, or not, Premier League sides are doing at converting their chances to score. Not surprisingly, Manchester United is in first place with a 21% conversion rate. And not surprisingly again, Queens Park Rangers is bottom with a conversion rate of 8%.
But dive in deeper to the analysis and you’ll find some very revealing stats. In the article referenced below, they also share research on which teams are the best at converting clear-cut chances. You won’t believe who’s in first place.
Feel free to share some of your interesting observations and insights from the data in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- How well does your Premier League team convert chances? — EPL Index
- Rio Ferdinand will not face disciplinary action from Uefa for applauding referee Cuneyt Cakir — BBC Sport
- QPR suffer £22m loss on return to the Premier League — Evening Standard
- QPR’s wage bill doubles even before the last 2 transfer windows are included — Telegraph
- This terrible trend of demonising referees like Cuneyt Cakir has to stop: Graham Poll — The Mail
- The acrobatic clearance that saw Fabricio Coloccini break 2 bones in his back — 101GG
- Alan Pardew admits Fabricio Coloccini will be out for up to seven weeks — The Independent
- Premier League clubs: Pie, pint and programme costs revealed — The Mail
- Celtic linked with summer swoop for Liverpool youngster Michael Ngoo — Liverpool Echo
- Swansea City playing for cash during Premier League run-in — This Is South Wales
- Alex McLeish’s time at Villa cost the club £6m in compensation payments — The Telegraph
- PES 2013 DLC 4.0 now live and ready for downloading — Winning Eleven
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.