UEFA Have ‘No Problem’ With Ref Cuneyt Cakir Following Red Card for Nani: The Daily EPL
UEFA have come out and said that they have no problem with referee Cuneyt Cakir’s performance yesterday at Old Trafford after he controversially sent off Nani for a dangerous foul.
While many United fans will still feel cheated, I think it was a correct decision. While I have sympathize with Nani, what he did was still dangerous play. And, as harsh as it may seem, the red card was the correct decision.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Uefa have ‘no problem’ with referee Cuneyt Cakir following red card for Nani — The Independent
- Leyton Orient launch legal bid to stop West Ham taking over the Olympic Stadium — Telegraph
- Daniel Sturridge expected to return for Liverpool v Tottenham this weekend — Liverpool Echo
- Jose Mourinho defends Alex Ferguson’s decision to axe Wayne Rooney — The Independent
- Real Madrid ‘robbed’, ‘cheated’ & ‘stole’ a Champions League win against Man United — 101GG
- Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner learning harsh lesson of Premier League club in freefall — Telegraph
- Emmanuel Adebayor a doubt for Inter Milan match after missing training — The Independent
- Hatem Ben Arfa to make return from injury against Anzhi in Europa League tie — The Telegraph
- Manchester United v Real Madrid scores with nearly 10million in UK — The Guardian
- Ronaldo says he is ‘saddened’ by knocking Man United out of Champions League — The Telegraph
- Man City, Spurs and Sunderland to face South China in Hong Kong in July this year — Premier League
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.