Not surprisingly, Arsenal Football Club has come out and denied the reports that the club has received a bid from a Middle East consortium to buy out the club. Yesterday’s story reported that the bid was a few weeks away, so expect the story to continue during the next few weeks as British tabloids bring it to life now and again.
How much truth is in the story, we’ll have to wait and see. And the timing of the initial report, on the day of Arsenal’s biggest match of the season so far against their arch-enemy club, seems too coincidental.
What do you think? Does the story carry weight, or is it just tabloid rumors? Let us know in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Stan Kroenke has ‘no intention’ of selling Arsenal stake despite bid reports — The Guardian
- Arsenal have received no approach over a potential takeover, says club — Sky Sports
- Why Bob Paisley is still the real special one all these years later, says Ian Holloway — The Mirror
- Swansea chairman says Laudrup is unlikely to remain at club beyond end of contract — Sky Sports
- Sir Alex Ferguson says Jose Mourinho will stay at Madrid — The Independent
- Crossing has a strong negative impact on scoring: Evidence from the EPL — SSRN
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.