Andre Villas-Boas Says Arsenal Are in ‘Negative Spiral’ After Defeat: The Nightly EPL
In what could be the turning point of the season, Tottenham Hotspur defeated Arsenal today in the Premier League to forge a 7 point lead and to push Spurs into third place. Post match, Villas-Boas was in confident mood saying that Arsenal won’t catch up with Spurs.
Wenger, meanwhile, said “It’s very frustrating because we had the best defensive record away from home in the league before today. But it [poor defending] has happened to us many times this season and only in big games. It’s difficult to explain. There’s no common theme, it’s different problems. But you make it difficult for yourselves.”
I wonder what Arsenal assistant manager Steve Bould has to say about Arsenal’s defensive lapses today, and whether Wenger will be willing to give him more control?
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Andre Villas-Boas says Arsenal are in ‘negative spiral’ after defeat — The Guardian
- Arsenal fans throw a banana at Tottenham’s Gareth Bale — 101 Great Goals
- Manchester United move closer to matching Real Madrid financial might — The Guardian
- Newcastle United boss Pardew warns Swans over Europa League juggling act — Wales Online
- Iker Casillas named in Real Madrid squad to face Manchester United — The Guardian
- Manchester United v Real Madrid: How to stop Cristiano Ronaldo — BBC Sport
- Talk of Arsenal takeover leaves Arsène Wenger lamenting external forces — The Guardian
- Arsene Wenger unhappy with Arsenal performance — The Independent
- Roberto Mancini tells Manchester City players to take responsibility — The Guardian
- Chelsea’s next big problem: what on earth to do with outcast Terry? — The Independent
- Wayne Rooney and Kaka video interview ahead of Man United v Real Madrid — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.