Manchester City Seeks Partner Clubs in USA, Mexico and China: The Nightly EPL
In an exclusive article by Ian Herbert in The Independent newspaper, the reporter reveals that Manchester City have plans to seek partner clubs in the USA, Mexico and China in an attempt to build a global brand.
Manchester City has realized that it has smaller matchday revenues than other top clubs in the Premier League, so it needs to generate more revenue overseas to help bring funds in to meet the Financial Fair Play rules.
City recently hired American Tom Glick as chief commercial and operating officer to drive up City’s commercial revenues to look for new, creative ideas and business models, and that North America is a prime target.
What are your thoughts regarding the story? Do you think it’s a good idea that Manchester City is considering partnering with a club in the States? And if so, who should they partner with?
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Manchester City bid to gatecrash world elite using United blueprint — The Independent
- Bullish Benítez insists Chelsea players ’100%’ believe in him — The Guardian
- Swansea are close to agreeing a new contract with manager Michael Laudrup — Sky Sports
- Manchester City’s Jack Rodwell – I thought career might have been over — The Guardian
- Manchester City’s Jack Rodwell moves house to tackle injury nightmares — The Telegraph
- Raheem Sterling’s dip in form is to be expected, says Brendan Rodgers — The Guardian
- Bacary Sagna set for Arsenal return in North London derby — The Mail
- Channelsurfing.net owner avoids jail time in new deal with Feds — Ars Technica
- More than 20,000 fans attend Swansea City Capital One Cup victory parade — Wales Online
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.