Manchester United chief executive David Gill is going to step down from his post this summer after 16 years at United. Gill will remain a director of the club, but his focus will soon concentrate on his recent position of vice chairman of the FA. Plus, he’s been nominated as a candidate in May’s Uefa executive committee elections.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- David Gill is to step down as Manchester United chief executive on 30 June — BBC Sport
- Rafael Benítez speaks of his love for ‘sweetheart’ Real Madrid — The Guardian
- The Sun issues apology to Chelsea over article about Benitez-Terry “bust-up” — Chelsea FC
- West Ham plan to mark the 20th anniversary of Bobby Moore’s death with events — BBC Sport
- Arsenal fans lambast new ‘Wenger Out’ stickers at the Bayern game — 101 Great Goals
- Six of Swansea City’s biggest games in their 100 year history — BBC Sport
- Capital One Cup Final: Bradford City set for huge financial boost — Football Economy
- Empty seats cost Premier League clubs millions — FC Business
- German media reaction to Bayern Munich victory against Arsenal — The Independent
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.