Joe Hart’s Rolled-Up Sleeves Caused Saints Blunder, Says Joe Corrigan: The Nightly EPL
Manchester City legendary goalkeeper Joe Corrigan passed along some helpful advice for City goalkeeper Joe Hart today, advising him that his rolled-up sleeves may have been the reason why Hart slipped in goal against Southampton on Saturday.
According to Corrigan, the rolled-up sleeves would cause his arms to slip across the grass.
“It was a bad mistake, and while I am not putting that plainly down to the fact he rolled his sleeves up, I am just saying you need all the help you can get when you play in goal,” said Corrigan on BBC Radio 5 Live. “You wear latex rubber gloves on your hands but you still have this skin area which the ball can slip through.”
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Joe Hart’s rolled-up sleeves caused Saints blunder, says Joe Corrigan — The Guardian
- Andre Santos travels to Brazil to finalise details on a loan move to Gremio — BBC Sport
- Football match-fixing is no surprise – what we need now are solutions — The Guardian
- Paul Gascoigne in intensive care at hospital after rehab clinic detox shock — The Mirror
- Sir Alex Ferguson ditches team changes to earn ‘fantastic position’ — The Guardian
- It’s time for Mancini to ditch Nasri if City stand any chance of winning the league — Sabotage Times
- Phil Jones nullified Everton’s main threat, says Robbie Savage — BBC Sport
- Chico Flores looks likely to miss League Cup final after he ruptured ligaments in ankle — Sky Sports
- Steve Clarke says Liverpool are benefiting from Kenny Dalglish’s transfer policy — BBC Sport
- How Manchester United nullified threat of Everton’s Marouane Fellaini — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.