TV is Killing Man United’s Champions League Chances, Says Sir Alex Ferguson: The Nightly EPL
Sir Alex Ferguson has been criticizing the Premier League and Sky Sports for putting his match this weekend against Everton in the marquee Premier League timeslot — on Sunday at 11am ET/4pm UK time — the space that’s typically reserved for the game of the week. Just a few days later, on Wednesday, Manchester United plays Real Madrid at Bernabeu Stadium.
On one hand, being Manchester United means that they get most of the TV revenue from the Premier League; more than any other club. I’m sure the Glazers are happy with the situation as long as Fergie can get decent results in both the match against Everton and Los Blancos.
Or, knowing Fergie, is he just trying to have an excuse lined up in case Madrid take an impressive lead in the first leg?
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- TV is killing Man United’s Champions League chances, says Sir Alex Ferguson — The Independent
- Sir Alex Ferguson fined £12,000 for criticism of linesman Simon Beck — The Guardian
- Who are the most effective managers in England’s top four divisions this season? — BBC Sport
- Brek Shea reports to Stoke City, could play Saturday — Pro Soccer Talk
- Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says FFP plan is unfair on rich clubs — The Independent
- Gremio are in talks with Arsenal about a deal to bring Andre Santos back to Brazil — Sky Sports
- Chelsea’s John Terry to miss Wigan clash but Demba Ba could play — The Guardian
- Peter Odemwingie fined £75,000 by West Brom for driving to QPR — The Mail
- Fulham missing influence of Clint Dempsey admits Martin Jol — The Independent
- Real Madrid prepare summer bid to woo Gareth Bale from Tottenham — The Guardian
- Liverpool defender Martin Kelly has signed a new long-term contract with the club — Sky Sports
- Why I’ve fallen out of love with football by Simon Kuper — Financial Times
- QPR striker Loic Remy will not be risked says Harry Redknapp vs Swansea — The Independent
- Christian Benteke is worth over £16m now, claims Paul Lambert — The Telegraph
- Connor Wickham joins Sheffield Wednesday on loan from Sunderland — The Mail
- Michael Laudrup believes matchfixers should be banned for life — BBC Sport
- Odemwingie could face Liverpool despite clash with colleague following return to training — Telegraph
- Give players blood tests, says Arsène Wenger — The Independent
- Tottenham Hotspur frustrated by tardy Emmanuel Adebayor — The Guardian
- I have not spoken to Roman Abramovich in 20 days, admits Rafael Benitez — The Independent
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.