FRI, 2:30PM ET
MAR
NAN
FRI, 2:30PM ET
SOC
ELC
FRI, 2:30PM ET
FRE
STU
SAT, 7:45AM ET
WBA
ARS
SAT, 10AM ET
MUFC
HULL
SAT, 10AM ET
SWA
CRY

Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero Scores A Sensational Goal Against Liverpool From An Unbelievable Angle [GIF]

sergio aguero 600x399 Manchester Citys Sergio Aguero Scores A Sensational Goal Against Liverpool From An Unbelievable Angle [GIF]

Sergio Aguero may have just kept Manchester City in the Premier League title race with an absolutely unbelievable goal from the most acute of angles against Liverpool.

aguero goal against liverpool Manchester Citys Sergio Aguero Scores A Sensational Goal Against Liverpool From An Unbelievable Angle [GIF]

Aguero scored the goal late in the game after he beat Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina to the ball, but then attempted a shot on goal from an incredibly difficult position. Amazingly, the ball went into the net. What an astonishing goal from such a gifted footballer.

This is why we love the Premier League.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Liverpool, Manchester City. Bookmark the permalink.

About Christopher Harris

Founder and publisher of World Soccer Talk, Christopher Harris is the managing editor of the site. He has been interviewed by The New York Times, The Guardian and several other publications. Plus he has made appearances on NPR, BBC World, CBC, BBC Five Live, talkSPORT and beIN SPORT. Harris, who has lived in Florida since 1984, has supported Swansea City since 1979. He's also an expert on soccer in South Florida, and got engaged during half-time of a MLS game. Harris launched EPL Talk in 2005, which was rebranded as World Soccer Talk in 2013.
View all posts by Christopher Harris →

10 Responses to Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero Scores A Sensational Goal Against Liverpool From An Unbelievable Angle [GIF]

  1. swaleh says:

    reina what a stupid ****!

  2. Frill Artist says:

    Reina is an idiot. He had two, three defenders behind the ball yet he ran out. Dumbass.

  3. Henry says:

    While the goal was terrific the decision by Reina was bone-headed.

  4. Todd says:

    Without Reina’s mistake the goal never would have happened.

  5. Tony Butterworth says:

    Sensational ?? I think not. There was no good passes, terrible mistake and some sweet quick thinking and shot accuracy.

  6. David says:

    It only looked sensational because of Reina’s idiocy and the fact that Skrtyl and Carragher expected Reina to get to the ball first so they gave up on protecting the net. It would have been sensational if one of those defenders was beaten protecting the net. Still it was a good goal and one has to applaud Aguero’s decision making.

  7. Mufc77 says:

    If that had of been David De Gea who made that mistake the press would be all over him instead of praising Aguero.

    Anyway you look at it that was a top Finnish by Aguero.

  8. M Owen says:

    Coming from a LFC fan..that was wonderful piece of skill, aguero saw the keeper was out and meant the shot.
    But on the other side Reina was 90% wrong to come out and defense the other 10%.
    Sadly Reina has become a liability for us.

  9. Yespage says:

    What seems most impressive is that he isn’t even looking at where he is shooting. He just goes for it. A very unfortunate goal for Liverpool.

  10. Aaron says:

    Reina has made similar aggressive charges dozens of times in the past and we’ve benefited from them. Skrtel looked very shaky when he came on for Enrique and he was obviously two steps behind Aguero from the start of the sequence. I don’t necessarily agree with his decision, but given that (1) good keepers take chances when doubtful that defenders can contain an attack in the box, and, (2) he’s played the percentages before and it’s worked, I have a hard time slating him for the call. The truth is that LFC supporters are quickly souring on Pepe for what they perceive as a drop in quality, but since his return (and even leading up to it) he seemed to be regaining form and made a boatload of top saves against both Arsenal and Man City. As with the rest of the side under Rodger’s brief tenure, I think patience should take the day.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>