QPR’s Panic Spree is the Exception on Saner Transfer Deadline Day: The Nightly EPL
It was a mad day in the Premier League transfer window today. Peter Odemwingie went AWOL. Brek Shea was beaming like a Cheshire Cat on his drive in to Stoke City. Aston Villa signed a French footballer that no one had heard of or rated. And then Harry Redknapp, the man who said that “I don’t really want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past” did exactly that, spending an obscene amount of money on one brilliant player (Chris Samba) and two loan deals for footballers who probably won’t get much, if any, playing time — Jermaine Jenas and Andros Townsend.
David Conn of The Guardian writes about the panic spree from QPR, which is balanced by a day of saner transfers.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- QPR’s panic spree is the exception on saner transfer deadline day — The Guardian
- Newcastle welcome new players with French menu and cafeteria decorations — Dirty Tackle
- Roy Hodgson wants Wembley to hail England’s 100-cap Ashley Cole — The Guardian
- Canal Plus has acquired the French broadcast rights to the EPL for 2013/14 — SportsPro
- Sky make Premier League matches available on ‘pay-per-view’ in UK — The Independent
- Eden Hazard’s ban for kicking out at a ball boy will not be increased from three matches — BBC Sport
- England’s Roy Hodgson names strong, experienced squad for Brazil match — The Guardian
- FIFA 13 Hits 12m Sales, 23% more than FIFA 12 — FIFA Soccer Blog
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.