West Brom Reject New £2m QPR bid for Peter Odemwingie: The Daily EPL
Nigerian striker Peter Odemwingie is stuck in the middle at West Bromwich Albion where he wants to leave the club, but West Brom doesn’t want any key players to leave in the window. As a result, both Odemwingie and QPR are growing frustrated. Rangers have had a second bid for the footballer turned down by West Brom, while Odemwingie has been told that he has to wait until the summer before he can leave the club.
I can see both sides to the story. Albion doesn’t want the clinical striker to leave since he’ll be someone they may need to rely on for the remaining months of the season to ensure a place as high in the table as possible. Odemwingie, meanwhile, is frustrated by the lack of playing time and seems to want a fresh start at one more club in the Premier League. He’s 31, so he’s not getting any younger. Lastly, the gifted striker is contracted to West Brom, so WBA have every right to tell the player that he’s staying.
What do you think? Should West Brom let Odemwingie leave since the Baggies already have Lukaku and Long up front?
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Peter Odemwingie furious as West Brom reject new £2m QPR bid — The Guardian
- Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand is undergoing a medical at Bursaspor — Sky Sports
- Are the Swansea City class of 2013 Wales’ greatest ever team? — Wales Online
- Vitesse Arnhem have denied reports Newcastle have launched a bid for Wilfried Bony — Sky Sports
- Is The Sun’s football clips deal a game-changer after all? — The Guardian
- Paul Lambert: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner backs manager — BBC Sport
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.