Liverpool FC have agreed an £8.5 fee for Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho. The Reds have been chasing his signature for a few weeks now, and it looks like a deal is close to being signed with the midfielder scheduled to arrive at Anfield for a medical next week.
The 20-year-old Brazilian came through the youth system at Vasco da Gama in Brazil.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Liverpool agree fee for Internazionale midfielder Philippe Coutinho — The Guardian
- Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City’s Mario Balotelli — The Guardian
- Chelsea boss Rafa Benitez admits to FA Cup selection headaches — Sky Sports
- Calf injury rules Vincent Kompany out of QPR trip — Manchester City FC
- Coloccini not happy to stay at Newcastle — The Independent
- Villa to cut their losses on Stephen Warnock & let him join Hammers on free transfer — Telegraph
- Harry Redknapp blasts QPR players after losing to MK Dons in FA Cup — The Mail
- Newcastle United make £12million bid for striker Wilfried Bony — The Telegraph
- Randy Lerner’s remote control of club a bit rich for Aston Villa fans — The Guardian
- West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie takes swipe at the club on Twitter — The Telegraph
- Non-league Luton stun Norwich to reach fifth round of Cup — The Guardian
- January Transfer Deadline day: 10 deals to watch — BBC Sport
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.