Newcastle United are on the verge of signing a much-needed new defender. The deal for full back Massadio Haïdara is expected to be finalized today with Haïdara moving to Newcastle from French Ligue Un side Nancy.
Meanwhile, Newcastle are also expected to complete the £7m signing of central defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa from Montpellier.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Nancy confirm deal with Newcastle for full-back Massadio Haïdara — The Guardian
- Proof that David De Gea needs time at Man United: Peter Schmeichel mistakes 1992-94 — 101GG
- ‘We want Danny Graham to stay,’ says Swansea City star Ashley Williams — Wales Online
- Colin Murray axed as MOTD2 presenter with Mark Chapman his replacement — The Mail
- VIDEO: ‘Cup win would galvanise Villa’ — BBC Sport
- Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup, the dignified Dane, still has a touch of class — Telegraph
- Is the Championship the most competitive league in Europe? — Three And In
- Manchester United take full ownership of MUTV — SportPro
- Arsenal not interested in Wilfried Zaha transfer — The Independent
- Manchester City eye Asmir Begovic — This Is Staffordshire
- Alou Diarra faces talks after saying West Ham move was ‘a waste of time’ — The Independent
In case you missed it, here are the highlights of last night’s match between Southampton and Everton:
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.