Arsène Wenger Warns that Arsenal Cannot Afford to Drop Any More Points: The Nightly EPL
Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge in the London derby against Chelsea today has pushed the Gunners seven points behind rivals Tottenham Hotspur. Although Arsenal has a game in hand against West Ham United, Arsene Wenger’s side sits in sixth place, while North London neighbors Spurs are in fourth.
Arsenal are aiming to qualify for UEFA Champions League for the 16th consecutive season, but they’re suffering from their worst Premier League start since Wenger has been in charge.
“We have lost two big games in the last week and that’s very damaging for us,” he said. “We cannot afford to drop points any more if we want to be in the top four.”
Next up for Arsenal in the league are West Ham United and Stoke City.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Arsène Wenger warns that Arsenal cannot afford to drop any more points — The Guardian
- Video: Ferguson describes the assistant referee as “really poor” in Spurs match — BBC Sport
- Manchester United nullified Gareth Bale but forgot about Aaron Lennon — The Guardian
- VIDEO: Dempsey aiming for Champions League — BBC Sport
- Sir Alex Ferguson rages over linesman’s penalty call in Tottenham draw — The Guardian
- Conclusive proof that Joe Allen is one of Liverpool’s most prized assets — Three And In
- Manchester City’s David Platt says league title is ‘United’s to lose’ — The Guardian
- Sepp Blatter suggests clubs should be relegated if they are found guilty of racist abuse — The Mail
- Mario Balotelli could leave Manchester City for Milan this week — The Guardian
- Jonathan de Guzman is set to be called up for Netherlands team — The Footy Blog
- How nerdy data is helping football scouts unearth the next Michu — The Guardian
- Hull are in talks to sign DJ Campbell from Queens Park Rangers — Sky Sports
- Loïc Rémy and Bobby Zamora is Harry Redknapp’s dream pairing for QPR — The Guardian
- Wesley Sneijder: Galatasaray agree deal for Inter Milan man — BBC Sport
- Roberto Martinez seeks loan signings with EPL experience to kickstart Wigan’s escape act — Telegraph
Meanwhile, here are match highlights from today’s matches (US readers only):
Chelsea vs Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.