Southampton Sack Nigel Adkins, While Theo Walcott Signs 3-Year Arsenal Deal: The Daily EPL
Southampton have sacked manager Nigel Adkins after 2.5 years in charge, and have appointed Argentine Mauricio Pochettino as his replacement.
According to the BBC, Pochettino took charge of Espanyol at the age of 36 in January 2009, and managed a best finish of eighth in La Liga in 2010-11. He left the club by mutual consent at the end of November 2012, with an overall record of 49 wins from 146 league matches.
In other news, it’s a good morning for Arsenal fans as Sky Sports is reporting that Theo Walcott has signed a three-year new deal.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Southampton sack manager Nigel Adkins and appoint Mauricio Pochettino — BBC Sport
- Theo Walcott has agreed a new three-year deal with Arsenal — Sky Sports
- Pep Guardiola mystifyingly chooses Bundesliga stability over EPL pressure cooker — Telegraph
- Lee Cattermole has suffered a setback in his bid to return to action following injury — Sky Sports
- The return of Roy of the Rovers — Three Match Ban
- Danny Graham and Kenwyne Jones compared — We Are Premier League
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.