It’s not often that Sunderland is the main story in the news, but today it’s been revealed that they’ve made a formal bid for Swansea City striker Danny Graham, while Sunderland striker Fraizer Campbell looks set to join Cardiff City in the Championship.
Graham hasn’t had as much first team action at Swansea as he would like, while Sunderland need help up front to partner Steven Fletcher in attack. Having said that, Danny Graham has plenty to play for at Swansea where he’s one match away from a Capital One Cup Final. Plus, he’s been getting more playing time lately in Michael Laudrup’s side.
Danny Graham was born and bred in Gateshead, 13 miles from Sunderland.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Sunderland make formal bid for Swansea striker Danny Graham — The Independent
- Sunderland striker Fraizer Campbell set to join Cardiff City — Wales Online
- Manchester City, Spurs, Sunderland to compete at Asia Trophy — ESPN FC
- Arsène Wenger confirms Arsenal interest in Edinson Cavani of Napoli — The Guardian
- Wenger (again) believes Walcott is poised to sign a new contract — Sky Sports
- Pep Guardiola shunned bigger offers to join Bayern Munich — The Independent
- Queens Park Rangers striker Djibril Cissé in talks with Qatar side Al-Gharafa — The Telegraph
- Liverpool change player contracts with lower pay & more bonuses to avoid expensive flops — Liverpool Echo
- Sir Alex Ferguson determined to address penalty kick problems — The Independent
- Liverpool striker Luis Suárez admits to Stoke City dive — The Telegraph
- Ryan Giggs set to play for another year at Manchester United — The Sun
- Liverpool FC’s £150million redevelopment of Anfield is on track — Liverpool Echo
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.