Former Barcelona manager has been dropping hints that he’s interested in managing in the Premier League. The Telegraph’s Henry Winter quotes Pep Guardiola saying, “I hope in the future, I have a challenge to be a coach or a manager [in the Premier League] and feel the experience of all the coaches and players that have been there.”
“In the future.” Is that six months or a couple of years? Hopefully it’ll be this summer.
There are lots of spicy news stories tonight including updates about a new book by Damned United author David Peace, lots of transfer news and an article by Chuck Culpepper comparing the NFL playoffs to the Premier League (thanks Scott Volk for the news tip).
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Pep Guardiola wants Premier League job in England like Jose Mourinho — The Telegraph
- QPR are poised to sign Loic Remy from Marseille and Yann M’Vila — Sky Sports
- Wayne Rooney returns as Nemanja Vidic all-clear delights Man United — The Independent
- Martin O’Neill hit out at his side’s inconsistency after they were dumped out of the FA Cup — Sky Sports
- Jack Wilshere will play for Arsenal in FA Cup replay against Swansea — The Guardian
- Comparing the NFL Playoffs to the Premier League — Sports On Earth
- Damned United author David Peace to pen Bill Shankly novel — The Huffington Post
- Swansea signing Roland Lamah was convinced to join by friend Eden Hazard — Wales Online
- Shakhtar Donetsk prepared to sell Willian to Chelsea or Tottenham for £20m — The Independent
- Michael Laudrup backs Roland Lamah to be Swansea City success — Wales Online
- Rafael Benítez insists he will not be swayed by Chelsea’s furious fans — The Guardian
- Robbie Keane to train with Tottenham Hotspur during next two weeks — Tottenham Hotspur
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany’s red card against Arsenal is overturned — Off The Post
- What now for Newcastle and Alan Pardew after Rémy takes French leave? — The Guardian
- Vincent Kompany’s rescinded red card leaves referees confused — The Telegraph
- Fabricio Coloccini still wants to leave Newcastle — The Independent
- FA announce ‘Sir Bobby Robson Day’ — The Guardian
- EPL clubs hope compromise on FFP agreement will allow for £20m losses — The Telegraph
- Paulo Sousa: the forgotten man of the Swansea story — The Independent
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.