West Bromwich Albion defender Jonas Olsson is close to sealing a deal to Queens Park Rangers, but the initial bid of £5 million has been turned down by Steve Clarke’s club. The gifted Swedish footballer is supposedly keen on a move to London to be closer to his family, so a deal for QPR could be finalized soon if and when the Loftus Road club offers a higher bid.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- West Brom turn down QPR bid for Swedish defender Jonas Olsson — The Guardian
- Swans stars Rangel and Chico named in Fabio Capello Dream Teams — Wales Online
- Gareth Barry believes it’s time for City to end the 37-year wait for a league win at Arsenal — MCFC
- Rennes have confirmed that Yann M’Vila has asked to leave the club — Sky Sports
- Fulham midfielder Mahamadou Diarra pulls out of African Nations Cup — The Independent
- Tony Pulis wants Michael Owen to stay with the club for the rest of the season — BBC Sport
- Theo Walcott yet to receive firm offer from Arsenal — The Independent
- Southampton defender Luke Shaw has agreed a long-term contract with the club — Sky Sports
- Premier League will not intervene over ticket prices — The Independent
- Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli goes blonde — Off The Post
- Roberto Mancini cleared by FA over remark that referee ‘ate too much’ — The Guardian
- Aston Villa have made an enquiry for Inter Milan winger Philippe Coutinho — Sky Sports
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.