Michu Looking Like the Striker Fernando Torres Might Have Become: The Nightly EPL
The Guardian‘s Barney Ronay has penned a piece tonight about how Michu looks like the striker Fernando Torres might have become. The way the Swansea striker clinically finished his chance on Wednesday night is reminiscent of a Torres in his prime, but to be fair to Torres, the former Liverpool striker is not the same type of player he once was — and not in a bad way.
Torres’s game has changed over the past few years. He’s significantly improved his crosses, and he’s often more the provider rather than the goalscorer. Maybe Michu is the new old Torres?
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Michu looking like the striker Fernando Torres might have become — The Guardian
- L’Equipe report Marouane Fellaini will join Chelsea for €27m this week — 101 Great Goals
- Fans group warns over backlash against Premier League ticket prices — The Guardian
- Chelsea v Swansea City: ’9 times out of 10, we’d have won’, says Rafael Benitez — The Telegraph
- Brendan Rodgers in search of a ‘scouse heart’ to boost Liverpool’s future — The Guardian
- Andrea Pirlo would ‘welcome Frank Lampard to Juventus’ — The Independent
- Cancelled shares allowed Chelsea to boast first profit of Abramovich era — The Guardian
- Easy Trick For Blocking All Bleacher Report Results From Your Google Searches — Deadspin
- Where do Bradford City rate in the history of football’s giantkillers? — The Guardian
- Chelsea have been overtaken by Man City as having the biggest wage bill in the EPL — Express
- Manchester United and Liverpool fans unite against away ticket prices — The Guardian
- West Ham co-owner David Gold ‘very poorly’ with pneumonia — The Independent
- Everton offer Sylvain Distin one-year contract extension — The Guardian
- Norwich boss Chris Hughton does not expect to be busy in the transfer market — Sky Sports
- West Brom to keep on-loan striker Romelu Lukaku for rest of season — The Guardian
- Liverpool want legend Kenny Dalglish back at Anfield in role as club ambassador — Telegraph
- Premier League clubs told to use £3bn TV money to cut ticket prices — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.