Howard Webb to Referee Manchester United v Liverpool: The Nightly EPL
The referee for Sunday’s Premier League clash between Manchester United and Liverpool will be one Howard Webb, one of the better referees in the division. In such a high profile match, the referee is bound to come under some immense pressure. Hopefully Webb will be able to have one of his games where the focus is on the key moments instead of refereeing decisions.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Howard Webb to referee Manchester United v Liverpool — BBC Sport
- Emmanuel Adebayor’s absence with Togo may force Spurs into market — The Guardian
- Arsenal consider £8m Biglia to add much-needed midfield steel — The Independent
- Lazio charged by Uefa for alleged racism of fans against Tottenham — The Guardian
- DISH takes on TV Everywhere by integrating Slingbox into its Hopper DVRs — The Verge
- Jack Rodwell’s injuries a concern, says Manchester City manager — The Guardian
- Sir Alex Ferguson tempted by summer move to sign Frank Lampard — The Independent
- Aston Villa on guard for Capital One Cup semi-final against Bradford — The Guardian
- Mario Balotelli scores twice in surprise appearance for Manchester City Under-21s — The Independent
- Fulham confident over signing Ghana’s Derek Boateng from Dnipro — The Guardian
- Manchester City midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim set to join Stromgodset on loan — The Mail
- Blackburn reject £2m bid for Martin Olsson from West Ham — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.