Mansfield Town, a club in the fifth tier of English football, displayed a lot of class this weekend when they decided to take 96 seats at their ground in Nottinghamshire and set them aside as a tribute to the 96 people who died as a cause of the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster.
Mansfield plays Liverpool tomorrow in the third round of the FA Cup. For viewers in the United States, the match kicks off at 11am ET tomorrow on FOX Soccer.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Mansfield mark 96 empty seats with the names of Hillsborough victims — Dirty Tackle
- Arsenal’s Johan Djourou joins Hannover on loan — The Guardian
- The Greatest FA Cup Moment I Ever Saw: The Wondergoal That Sparked A Riot — Sabotage Times
- Alan Pardew says Newcastle must buy new players now to avoid the drop — The Guardian
- Sam Allardyce accepts substantial damages from Steve Kean and Blackburn — The Mail
- FA Cup: Empty seats across the country as fans stay away — The Mail
- Fulham join £6m chase to sign Birmingham goalkeeper Jack Butland — The Telegraph
- Michael Owen is reported to be investigating a possible move to Australia club — Sky Sports
- Rio Ferdinand does not want to pursue a conviction after being struck by a coin — BBC
- Arsenal FC boss Wenger out for revenge against Swansea City — Wales Online
- Michael Laudrup says Michu will not leave Swansea in transfer window — The Guardian
- Manchester City Sergio Agüero confirms he has hamstring tear after tests in Italy — The Guardian
- Paul Dickov has ex-club Manchester City in his sights after Oldham’s shock FA Cup win — BBC Sport
- Joleon Lescott statement: I’m staying with Manchester City — Manchester Evening News
- Coleen Rooney’s sister, Rosie, dies at 14 after lifelong illness — The Guardian
- Redknapp says QPR may lose Ryan Nelsen during the transfer window — Sky Sports
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.