Bad news for Manchester United fans this morning, but it’s good news for Javier Hernandez. Wayne Rooney has been ruled out of action for a further two weeks, which will mean he’ll miss the match against Liverpool on January 13.
Rooney injured his knee during training on Christmas Day.
Meanwhile, Nani — who has been out injured — returned to training today so there is some good news for Manchester United supporters depending on your faith for the inconsistent winger.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Wayne Rooney has been ruled out for another 2 weeks and will miss Liverpool clash — The Guardian
- Mancini says he’ll give Balotelli ’100 chances’ despite bust up — The Guardian
- Sir Alex Ferguson blames Man City for Mario Balotelli and Roberto Mancini fight — The Mail
- Chelsea confirm the signing of Newcastle striker Demba Ba — The Guardian
- Mario Balotelli to face no punishment after training ground bust-up — The Mail
- Newcastle complete the signing of full-back Mathieu Debuchy — The Guardian
- Blues should retire No 8 shirt in honour of Lamps, insists John Terry — The Mail
- FA Cup third round: 10 things to look forward to this weekend — The Guardian
- Wesley Sneijder offered to QPR by agent, claims Harry Redknapp — The Telegraph
- Why having to read between Arsene’s lines is increasingly frustrating — ArseBlog
- QPR sign defender Tal Ben Haim on a short-term deal for rest of season — The Guardian
- David Platt backs John Guidetti for Manchester City return — Manchester Evening News
- Wenger: Gervinho could miss Swansea clash to join up with Ivory Coast squad — Arsenal News
- Coventry head to Tottenham awash with memories of their finest hour — The Guardian
- Aston Villa interested in swoop for Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott — The Independent
- John Terry ‘devastated’ at the thought of Frank Lampard’s Chelsea exit — The Guardian
- John Terry challenges Chelsea over failure to agree new deal with Lampard — The Independent
- 20 Magnificent Assorted Vintage Football Stickers – Vol #17 — Who Ate All The Pies
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.