Yossi Benayoun Returns to Chelsea After Completing Loan Spell at West Ham: The Daily EPL
Israeli attacking midfielder Yossi Benayoun has completed his loan deal at West Ham United, and today has returned to Chelsea. Unfortunately he’s one of those talented players who has slipped off the radar despite playing for Liverpool, Arsenal and the aforementioned West Ham and Chelsea.
Benayoun may not be too happy about being shipped back to Chelsea. In 2010, Benayoun was asked why he joined Chelsea from the Reds. ”Everyone asks me why I left Liverpool,” said Benayoun. “There is only one reason – Rafa Benítez.”
Not surprisingly, I don’t see him slipping back into the Chelsea side anytime soon due to the depth in midfield, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Blues would be open to offers for the talented footballer. Hopefully he doesn’t get stuck in the reserve team or on the bench for the remainder of the season.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Yossi Benayoun returns to Chelsea after completing his loan spell at West Ham — Chelsea FC
- Demba Ba has agreed to join Chelsea on a three-and-a-half-year contract — Sky Sports
- Joe Cole having medical at West Ham ahead of move from Liverpool — The Guardian
- West Ham rushing Joe Cole transfer to have him available for Man United — The Independent
- West Ham are expected to sign 18-year-old striker Sean Maguire — BBC Sport
- Man City have pocketed £1.7m from Daniel Sturridge’s move to Liverpool — Manchester Evening News
- Fulham sign FC Twente midfielder Chris David — 101 Great Goals
- IPCC recruit 30 additional investigators to work on Hillsborough inquiry — Liverpool Echo
- Newcastle defender James Perch finds £5 on the pitch during Everton match — Off The Post
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s shock win at Chelsea shows they can stay up — The Guardian
- Everton FC accounts show £9m loss in 2011-12 but club stays positive — Liverpool Echo
- Fulham will attend a work permit hearing for Ghana star Derek Boateng on Friday — Sky Sports
- Alex Ferguson says there is nobody in line to replace him at United & he plans to stay “for a bit” — BBC
- Premier League status worth £58m to Swansea economy — FC Business
- Steven Gerrard warns Daniel Sturridge: ‘no excuses’ for failure — The Guardian
- Michael Laudrup aims to do quick business in transfer window — Wales Online
- WBA’s Graham Dorrans has been told he can look for a new club this month — The Independent
- Arsène Wenger wants Theo Walcott deal signed ‘as quickly as possible’ — The Guardian
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.