The controversy and drama resulting from Mike Dean’s correct decision to award Newcastle United their second goal at Old Trafford from Boxing Day continues to roll on. In today’s press conferences in England, there’s been plenty of verbal attacks from Ferguson against Pardew, as well as Pardew and Wenger against Ferguson.
In an article by Henry Winter of The Telegraph, the well-respected writer says that Ferguson is a great manager, but he sets a bad example with his ugly tirades. I completely agree.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Sir Alex Ferguson is a great manager, but sets bad example with ugly tirades — The Telegraph
- Ferguson hits back at Pardew and ‘wee club’ Newcastle — The Guardian
- Alex Ferguson: ‘Alan Pardew shoves referees and makes a joke of it’ — The Independent
- Ferguson should have been punished for rant at referee insists Arsene Wenger — Telegraph
- ‘I like Demba Ba, yes – will Arsenal sign him? I say no’ says Arsene Wenger — The Independent
- Transfer window is not the answer for Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers — Wales Online
- West Ham manager Sam Allardyce sympathises with tired referees — The Independent
- Redknapp says he will not make any panic buys in the January transfer window — Sky Sports
- Real Madrid line-up £33m bid for Gareth Bale — The Independent
- Michu ruled out of Swansea City trip to Fulham with ankle injury — Wales Online
- Laudrup says his team have an opportunity to prove they can function without Michu — Sky Sports
- Swansea City’s Luke Moore ready to take chance and fill Michu role — Wales Online
- Sir Alex Ferguson’s birthday is a grave reminder for Manchester United — The Guardian
- Arsene Wenger casts doubt on potential Henry loan — Arsenal FC
- Clean sheets indicate Chelsea are back to their best claims Petr Cech — The Independent
- Birmingham may be forced to cash in on Jack Butland to avoid administration — Telegraph
- Arsene Wenger says fitness of Arsenal squad for this time of year is ‘unusual’ — The Independent
- Arsenal fighting fit and both Olivier Giroud and Tomas Rosicky available again — Telegraph
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.