Frank Lampard Told to Find a New Club by Chelsea: The Daily EPL
According to a newspaper report that quotes a Stamford Bridge insider, Frank Lampard has been told by Chelsea that he won’t be a part of the club’s future. Despite making his 500th league appearance start last week where he celebrated with a goal, the Chelsea veteran has been told that he’ll be sold in the January transfer window.
Personally, I hope the story isn’t true. I would love to see Frank Lampard continue playing for Chelsea even if it’s in an occasional role coming off the bench. The ideal end to Lampard’s career would be to retire at Chelsea either at the end of this season or possibly next year.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Frank Lampard told to find a new club by Chelsea — The Sun
- Tottenham’s André Villas-Boas eyes summer move for Christian Benteke — The Guardian
- Jol says Fulham will be in a relegation battle if they don’t pick up points soon — The Independent
- Brad Friedel has signed a new deal with Tottenham until 2014 — The Telegraph
- Newcastle’s Jonás Gutiérrez: ‘Alan Pardew is a bit like Diego Maradona’ — The Guardian
- QPR’s Adel Taarabt is left out of Morocco’s Africa Cup of Nations squad — Sky Sports
- Everton’s Darron Gibson free to face Wigan after red card appeal — The Guardian
- Tottenham need me at centre-back, not left-back, Jan Vertonghen tells AVB — The Telegraph
- Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling pledges international future to England — The Guardian
- In praise of … lost football grounds — The Guardian
- How the world’s most-read online newspaper, The Daily Mail, changes the rules — eMarketer
- Sir Alex Ferguson says Newcastle have lost their ‘surprise’ factor — The Guardian
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.