FA to Take No Action Against Ashley Williams For Clearance That Hit Van Persie’s Head: The Daily EPL
The FA has wisely decided not to take action against Swansea captain Ashley Williams for his clearance yesterday that hit Robin van Persie’s head. The incident happened after van Persie was fouled on the edge of the penalty area by Nathan Dyer.
Sir Alex Ferguson, perhaps in a move to turn the public’s attention away from a poor performance by Manchester United and two dropped points, bizarrely came out and said that Robin van Persie “could have been killed.” Thankfully The FA used some sense to take no further action.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- FA to take no action against Ashley Williams — The Telegraph
- Goal.com investigated over use of 30 unpaid interns a week — The Guardian
- Daniel Sturridge’s move to Liverpool nears after he passes his medical — Liverpool Echo
- Swansea City target Spanish striker Iago Aspas — Wales Online
- Tell me why there are no rules about managers discussing officials after the match — Sporting Intelligence
- Roberto Martínez defends Ashley Williams over Robin van Persie row — The Guardian
- Stewart Downing vows to build on Fulham display to save his Anfield career — Liverpool Echo
- Carragher hints he’ll retire from Liverpool at end of the season — The Mirror
- Woman found dead at Reading’s Madejski stadium hotel — The Guardian
- Man United scouted Michu last season but missed opportunity to sign him for £2m — The Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.