Manchester United Prepare to Join Race to Sign Theo Walcott: The Daily EPL

theo walcott 600x337 Manchester United Prepare to Join Race to Sign Theo Walcott: The Daily EPL

The race is on to sign Arsenal winger/striker Theo Walcott who has been unable to agree a deal with his club. Now, The Telegraph is reporting that Manchester United are preparing to join the race to sign the England star.

The pressure is on Arsene Wenger and the Arsenal board to flash the cash and agree to Walcott’s wage demands before there’s a revolt among fans at the Emirates.

Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:

Manchester United Prepare to Join Race to Sign Theo Walcott: The Daily EPL

The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.

13 Responses to Manchester United Prepare to Join Race to Sign Theo Walcott: The Daily EPL

1. jtm371 says:

i call B.S. on Walcott to UTD if your going to get rid of Nani why the heck would you bring in a mirror image of the same player you just got rid of.

Congrats to the Bantams for the huge win that is why they play the matches!

2. Guy says:

The tweets at the end of the Gervinho link are worth the visit. :-D

3. Guy says:

I can see Walcott wanting to leave for any number of reasons. What I can’t see is Arsenal being attractive to any top player right now or in January. Yes, they are right in the race for a CL spot (so are Stoke), but the miasma surrounding the club is palpable. I don’t know how you cure that. Would letting Wenger go make it better or worse?

• IanCransonsKnees says:

Miasma? Remember how ill educated football fans are we’re Neanderthal’s, especially Stoke fans. On that note I’m sure I’ve just screwed up my law exam, hey ho at least I’ll get a year to revise for it. Value Management in Construction tomorrow, guess that one won’t be easy either.

• Guy says:

haha. I just about put on my tin hat for that one. It just popped into my head. I had to look it up to be sure it was what I meant….and it was. :-)

• Sammy says:

I guess it could go either way. Letting Wenger go would quite likely create instability at the club, while keeping him will not change anything on the pitch or could even make things worse if he insists on his same old policies. Right now, I guess all we can do is hope and pray…

4. Mufc77 says:

I’d be all for standing at stadiums again.

5. David says:

This just means that his price would go up, now that united are in for him, which can be good news for Arsenal provided they spend on another quality player. Wolcott isn’t the most consistent player around and can go missing a lot. Has loads of talent so maybe Fergie can get him to progress and become more consistent. He has pace which is what’a attracting most of the interest in him from clubs like Liverpool.

• Sammy says:

But that’s precisely where the problem lies! Spending the profits on quality players, for some sickening reason they just can’t seem to do that. The sale of Van Persie this year is a perfect example of that.

6. Scrumper says:

He’s in desperate need of a manager who can get the best out of him. Although I’m not so sure it is a Fergie type as Walcott probably doesn’t have the bottle to deal with full hair dryer mode.

7. Mufc77 says:

Why do we need a player like Walcott who $hits himself when the pressure is on in front if goal, we already have Danny wellbeck who fills that role in the team.

8. R2Dad says:

If Wenger sells to another PL squad he should be fired. But it’s about the money now, not preventing your competitors from improving their own teams. SAF would avoid selling to a team in the top half of the table, because that’s not intelligent management–you’re supposed to sell your stars to another league. Wenger used to know better, but now he’s a rudderless ship without Dein.