Goal-line Technology to Make Debut at Club World Cup: The Daily EPL
The turtle that is FIFA has decided goal-line technology will make its debut at this month’s Club World Cup tournament in Japan, where Chelsea will be representing England.
The technology is long overdue (terribly long, in fact; this has been an age-old problem). And don’t be surprised to see FIFA giving itself a pat on the back for its “wise” decision to finally introduce the technology.
Sour grapes aside, it’s good news that the technology will debut. Hopefully we should start to see it introduced in the Premier League beginning next season.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Goal-line technology to make debut at Club World Cup — The Independent
- Scott Parker finally returns to action following surgery on his Achilles — Sky Sports
- QPR players cancel their Christmas party because they’re in last place — Dirty Tackle
- West Ham’s Olympic Stadium move can create a super club in east London — The Telegraph
- Roberto Mancini not ‘embarrassed’ by Manchester City’s failure in Europe — The Guardian
- Manchester City now England’s worst ever in Champions League — The Telegraph
- Sir Alex Ferguson pours cold water on quick return for Nemanja Vidic — Premier League
- Gervinho insists there is no reason the club cannot win the Champions League — The Telegraph
- Newcastle United becomes world’s first ‘carbon positive’ football club — FC Business
- Chelsea do not need ‘miracle’ to progress from Champions League insists Benitez — The Independent
- Hillsborough charity single revealed including Alan Hansen, Paul McCartney, Kenny Dalglish and Robbie Williams — The Mail
- Watch Hillsborough Justice Collective “He Ain’t Heavy” video in full — Liverpool Echo
- Arsenal on alert as Fernando Llorente confirms he will leave Athletic Bilbao — The Telegraph
- Swansea City vow not cash in on striker Michu in January — BBC Sport
- West Ham owners told to agree to profit share of any future sale of club — The Independent
- Brendan Rodgers banks on Luis Suarez in Europa League decider — The Telegraph
- Ferguson not amused by United’s ‘cartoon’ defence — The Independent
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.