Bacary Sagna Joins Theo Walcott on Waiting List to Leave Arsenal as Pay Talks Stall: The Nightly EPL
Arsenal supporters could be in for more headaches next summer if both Theo Walcott and now Bacary Sagna leave the club. Talks to renew the contract for popular Arsenal defender Sagna have reached an impasse after the Gunners have only offered Sagna a one-year extension. Not surprisingly, Sagna wants a longer term deal.
The French defender is 29 years-old, and will be 30 in February, so the north London club are hesitant to offer a long-term deal.
What do you think? Should Arsenal bite the bullet and give Sagna a long term contract of 2-3 years? Or is Arsenal being prudent?
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Bacary Sagna joins striker Walcott on waiting list to leave Arsenal as pay talks stall — The Telegraph
- Football reporter Stuart Hall charged with indecent assaults — BBC News
- Dan Walker primed to replace Gary Lineker as Match of the Day presenter — The Mail
- Rafael Benitez insists Chelsea will target Europa League glory — BBC Sport
- Chelsea talking points: No love for Benítez despite six-goal demolition — The Guardian
- PSG to battle Chelsea for services of former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola — The Independent
- Wigan have failed in their appeal against Maynor Figueroa’s red card — Sky Sports
- West Brom dismiss £12m Liverpool move for Shane Long — The Mail
- Europa League a step too far for Swansea City: Danish legend John Jensen — Wales Online
- John Obi Mikel signs new five-year contract at Chelsea — The Independent
- Karim Rekik commits his future to Manchester City — Manchester City FC
- Martin O’Neill plans to strengthen Sunderland in January — The Independent
- Tottenham to face Panathinaikos without Gareth Bale, says Villas-Boas — The Guardian
- Brendan Rodgers denies Pepe Reina’s reign is ending – The Independent
- Europa League: Andre Villas-Boas keeping faith with Brad Friedel — Premier League
- Sven-Goran Eriksson in talks with Ukraine — The Daily Mail
- Volatile atmosphere at Emirates is damaging Arsenal says Tomas Rosicky — The Independent
- Newcastle youngsters to get chance in Europa League tie with Bordeaux — The Guardian
- Chicago Fire goalkeeper Sean Johnson to train with Stoke City, Everton — Pro Soccer Talk
- Ten facts about Chelsea’s new Brazilian signing Wallace — Premier League
- Arsenal should sack Arsene Wenger, says Tony Cascarino — The Mail
- Fox Sports execs meet with Speed over planned rebranding effort — Sports Business Daily
- Re-opening of Olympic Stadium for football still four years away — The Independent
- Why Uefa is set to boost the Europa League in the future, not scrap it — The Guardian
- Tottenham players can have ‘two or three’ Christmas parties says Andre Villas-Boas — The Independent
- Swansea City aim to expand Liberty Stadium by 12,000 seats — Evening Post
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.